Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Genre

Hi! I'm very excited to explore the film world and create my own piece of art. For this project I'm creating a 2 minute film opening. My group and I started brainstorming different genres and which one we want to do. We started off thinking about the horror genre, because it's intriging and seems like it could be executed properly. I researched some horror films that would be similar to our idea. We would obviously want to scare the viewer, so I found some techniques here. The aspects of sound, lighting, and editing are very important for horror film openings. A lot of horror films include some sort of extraterrestrial creature or villian. Basically, just a person/thing that is the basis of the fear.

Some films that do this include:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)



With having a scary killer as the main character, the plot focuses on the fear of Freddy Krueger being in your dreams at night. 








Orphan (2009)



A pyschopathic orphan gets adopted by a family who quickly realizes her manipulative and alarming ways. 






My group and I realized, after gathering this information, that the techniques needed to create a quality horror film opening are difficult to achieve. It might be smarter to think of a unique horror film or just change our genre idea all together. 







No comments:

Post a Comment